The Government of Brazil gives scholarship in every discipline to hundreds of Nigerian students in everyacademic session. For any student to enjoy the scholarship tenable in Brazil, he/she must pass an Examination called CELPE-Bras: Certificate of Proficiency in Portuguese Language for Foreigners.
The CELPE-BRAS is just like the English TOEFL or the French DELF, since Portuguese is the language of instruction in Brazil. The Examination is conducted twice every year: October and April. This programme is therefore to train candidates for both the Undergraduate and Postgraduate scholarship.
1. Must have passed WAEC/SSCE with at least five credits.
2. Must be between the ages of 17 and 23 years for Undergraduate Scholarship.
3. For Postgraduate Scholarship, the candidate must have graduated with at least a 2nd Class lower.
The course is designed to meet the demand of administrators, business executives, technicians, University staff and young school leavers. The Diploma qualifies for admission into the Degree Course in Portuguese/English at the Lagos State University
1. A minimum of four credits passes including English language in the General Certificate of Education (G.C.E. ordinary level) or its equivalent at not more than two sittings.
2. Three credits at one sitting and five years working experience in a corporate body or government establishment. In either case, knowledge of French, Italian or Spanish will be an advantage.
3. Mature candidate who is above 35 years of age and with three credits at one sitting.
4. Candidate with recognized equivalent certificates from other countries will also be eligible.
The course is to cater for the need of those who intend to travel to Lusophone countries of the world for the purpose of study, trade, news coverage and tourism. The certificate qualifies for admission into the diploma in Portuguese programme at the Lagos State University.
1. The West African School Certificate (WASC) or the General Certificate of Education (GCE O-Level) or its equivalent with credits in three subjects including English at not more than two sittings.
2. The WASC or the GCE O-Level or its equivalent with credits in three subjects at one sitting and five years working experience in a corporate body or government establishment.
3. Mature candidates above 35 years of age with three credit passes at one sitting.
4. Any professional certificate or degree recognized by the University.
5. Candidates with equivalent certificates from other countries will also be eligible.
To train and equip persons interested in the study of the Yorùbá Language, literature, culture, and communication techniques across the globe, especially the Brazilians. The course will draw students primarily from Brazil, Portugal, North American countries, Nigeria and other parts of the world.
1. Foreigners with a minimum of secondary school certificate or its equivalent.
2. Nigerian candidates with a minimum of 3 credit passes in WAEC or NECO or its equivalent.
3. Graduates of Higher Institutions from any discipline.
4. Mature candidates who have or have had to minimum of 10 years of work experiences in relevant professions or thirty-five years old may be considered for admission.
5. A pass in Yoruba is not compulsory.