ADMISSION INTO SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES 2019
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted Sandwich Degree Programmes in Lagos State University, Ojo.
2.0: FACULTY OF EDUCATION
B.SC [ED]. B.A [ED] and B.ED: FOUR  AND FIVE  YEARS SANDWICH DEGREE PROGRAMMES IN THE FOLLOWING COURSES:
- B.Sc Education: Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, Human Kinetics Sports and Health Education, Health Education, Educational Technology and Computer Science Education
- B.Sc. Education: Economics, Political Science, Geography, Business Education, Accounting Education and Educational Management
- B.A. Education: History, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Religious Studies, French, English, Yoruba and Arabic
- Ed: Early Childhood and Primary Education, Guidance and Counseling Education
3.0: GENERAL BASIC REQUIREMENTS
- Five  ‘0’ Level Credit or TCII Merit Passes at not more than two  sittings and two  of the subjects at ‘A’ Level or NCE Merit Passes in relevant areas
- A University/Polytechnic two  -year Diploma Certificate in the relevant area obtained at not less than Merit level
- Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics is compulsory for all courses
3.1: SPECIFIC SUBJECT AREA REQUIREMENTS
- English Major: Credits Pass in Literature in English Language and English Language at ‘0’ Level or its equivalent
- Economic Major: Credit Pass in English Language, Mathematics and Economics
- Human Kinetics Sports and Health Education; Political Science Major: At least a Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics at ‘0’ Level or its equivalent
- Health Education Major: [i] A Credit Pass in English Language and Mathematics [ii] Holders of Staff Registered Nurse and Midwifery Certificates, Environmental Health, Diploma from School of Health Technology Plus five  ‘0’ Level Credit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also eligible.
- Mathematics and Science Major: Credit Pass in Mathematics and English Language
- ICAN [Part II] CIS [Part II] are acceptable for Economics
- Holders of Certificate issued by recognized Arabic Institution who may not have written Arabic at SSCE/GCE ‘0’ Level will be considered for admission subject to the fulfillment of other entry requirements, NCE [Arabic] at Merit Level is also acceptable.
- LASU accepts any other Arts/Social Sciences subject in lieu of Yoruba Language.
- Diploma in Health Education, Environmental Health, Physical Education, Social Work, Health Administration, Certificate in coaching, Advanced Diploma in Sports from Nigerian Institute for Sports with at least overall grades of Merit Plus five  ‘0’ Level Credit/TC II Merit Passes to include English Language and Mathematics are also acceptable for Human Kinetics Sports and Health Education
5.0: COURSE DURATION
5:1: FOUR  YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
The four  year Degree Programme is designed for candidates with NCE/ND Merit/Upper Credit grade and above
5.2: FIVE  YEAR DEGREE PROGRAMME
The five  year Degree Programme is designed for candidates with WASC/SSCE/TC II and NCE who fall short of entry qualification for the four  year Sandwich Degree Programme.
6.0: METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application Form is obtainable from Lagos State University. Website: www.lasu.edu.ng on the payment of Ten Thousand Naira [N10,000:00] only, as application fee. However, candidates are requested to submit a copy of their online application form and appropriate ‘0’ Level scratch card[s] to the Directorate of Sandwich Degree Programme.
DISCLAIMER: Any applicant who pays money to any individual or into other account/or through other means aside from the one above, does so to his/her own disadvantage.
7.0: CLOSING DATE
Closing date of application is Six  weeks from the date of this publication
8.0: PLEASE NOTE: Date for the Entrance Examination and Interview will be communicated on a later date to Applicants.
AMUNI, Mohammed Olayinka, mnim
Registrar and Secretary to Council
Click here to download PDF Format
Back to News