LEWIS, Akinwunmi Oladapo
Registrar, Lagos State University
Office of the Registrar,
Lagos State University,
ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
* Master in Public Administration, 1995
* B. A. History , 1988
- Best student in PAD 806 (Nigerian Administrative Law: 4.00), 1995
- Best student in PAD 810 (Manpower Planning & Development: 5.00), 1995
- Best student in HIS 306 (History of West Africa: 1000-1800: 7.00), 1987
- LASUMPA Merit Award, 2014
- SSANU-LASU Merit Award, 2011
- Recognition Award (MASSA-LASU), 2011
- Keynote Speaker Award (Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria, Lagos State Branch), 2010
- Merit Award: 4th Executive Chairman (SSANU-LASU),2005
- Meritorious Service Gold Award (SSANU-LASU), 2005
- Merit Award (LASU-Law Society), 2002
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Technical and Information Skills
- Knowledge of personal computer operating systems.
- Adept at use of the Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) for report writing and presentations.
- Wide range of Internet search skills.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent communication skills developed through experience in oral presetnations at different forums aimed at both specialist and non-specialist audience. Eloquent communicator (oral and writtten) with ability to present technical information to technical audience.
- Adapt quickly to tight work schedule with minimal day-to-day supervision and adheres strictly to timeliness and deadlines. Able to use initiatives and prioritize assignments and seek out assistance from superiors in matters that need further actions.
- An efffective facilitator, able to use interpersonal skills to build working relatinships at all levels, with a well developed negotiation and persuasion.
Training and Presentation Skills
- Experience of formal conference presentations to various groups of professionals at both local and international levels.
Teamwork and Leadership
- Well developed one-to-one and group supervisory skills, with proven people and project management abilities.
- Pro-active and enthuasiastic team member with experience of working in multi-tasking teams.
OTHER UNIVERSITY RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
- MEMBER, Ad-Hoc Committee on the Review of Conditions of Service Guiding Senior Staff (Lagos State University), 2011-2014
- MEMBER, Ad-Hoc Committee on the Review of University’s Financial Regulations, 2012
- MEMBER,Interview Panel for the Post of Principal Assistant Registrar & Assistant Chief Executive Officer, 2011
- MEMBER, “ISL’ Policy Review Team (Education Committee), 2011
- MEMBER, Ad-Hoc Committee on the Verification of Postgraduate (Part-Time) Students’ Results in the Faculty of Management Sciences, 2011
- SECRETARY, Management Board of Lagos State University External System, 2011
- MEMBER, Ad-Hoc Committee on the Re-organisation of LASU Registry, 2010
- MEMBER, Governing Council’s Ad-Hoc Committee on the Implementation of the FGN/ASUU/SSANU/NASU/NAAT Agreement, 2010
- CHAIRMAN, Association of Nigeria Universities Professional Administrators (LASU Chapter),2009-2014
- CONGREGATION REPRESENTATIVE, Governing Council, Lagos State University, 2008 – 2010
- SECRETARY, Ad-Hoc Committee on the Accreditation of Lagos State University MBA Programme, 2006
- SECRETARY, Ad-Hoc Committee on the Decentralization of the University Registry, 2006
- MEMBER, Ceremonies Committee, Lagos State University, 2000-2014
- SECRETARY, Lagos State University Indigeneship Verification Committee, 1997 - 2000
- CHAIRMAN, Staff Bus Management Committee, Lagos State University, 1999 – 2001
- MEMBER, Health Centre Management Committee, Lagos State University, 1998 - 2001
- MEMBER, Staff Welfare Committee, Lagos State University, 1998 – 2001
- MEMBER, National Executive Committee of the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Unversities, 1998 – 2001
- CHAIRMAN, Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU) Lagos State University Branch, 1998 – 2001
- SECRETARY, Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators LASU Chapter, 1996 – 2004
- PRESIDENT, Senior Staff Club, Lagos State Unversity, Ojo, 2006 – 2008
- SOCIAL SECRETARY, Senior Staff Club, Lagos State University, 2001 - 2006
- MEMBER, Organizing Committee, 38th Annual Conference of 2002 Law Teachers, hosted by Faculty of Law, Lagos State University, Ojo
- PROJECT MEMBER, ‘ACCESS TO JUSTICE’ a British Council / DFID Sponsored Project carried out by the Law Faculty,Lagos State University, Ojo, 2002
- SECRETARY, Faculty of Management Sciences Implementation Committee, 1999 – 2000
Membership of Professional Societies
- Member, Human Resources Network of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
- Member, Canadian Association of University Business Officers (CAUBO)
- Member, American Association of University Administrators (AAUA)
- Member, American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admission Officers (AACRAO)
- Member, Association of Univesity Administrators (AUA – UK)
- Member, Association of Nigeria Universities Professional Administrators (ANUPA)
- Member, Nigerian Association for Public Administration and Management (NAPAM)